The Braden Aboud Memorial Foundation was formed in loving memory of this fourteen year old who died in a skiing accident on February 4, 2007. The Foundation is dedicated to improving the health and educational development of the youth of El Paso. It was established to ensure that children from all walks of life could have some of the same opportunities that Braden enjoyed during his lifetime.
Scholarship Program Description
• One year, non-renewable award of $2,000.
• Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors from the El Paso area who have been accepted to colleges and universities.
• Applicants should demonstrate a desire to pursue a college education and involvement in school/community activities.
How to Apply
• The student must submit two letters of recommendation as part of the application packet.
· One letter must be written by a high school teacher or counselor who is familiar with the applicant’s potential, academic achievement and contributions to the school.
· One letter must be written by a community member who is knowledgeable about the applicant’s involvement in the community.
Completed application packets must be submitted to applicant’s high school counselor by 4:00 pm on Friday, April 15, 2017. Mail your applications to:
The Braden Aboud Foundation
5024 Doniphan #2
El Paso, TX 79932
Scholarship recipients will be recognized during scheduled Senior Assemblies.